1) Egyptian fintech,Blnk raised $32 million, money comprising $12.5 million pre-seed and seed equity rounds, $11.2 million debt financing and $8.3 million securitized bond issuance.
2) Kuda, through its subsidiary, Kuda EMI Limited takes remittance service to Nigerians in the UK.
3) Yassir raised $150 million in Series B funding
4) Jumia’s co-founders Jeremy Hodara and Sacha Poignonnec stepped down as co-CEOs. Francis Dufay, who previously held the CEO role at Ivory Coast market, will now take over the responsibilities of both co-founders as acting CEO.
5) Following a series of layoffs, Kenyan logistics startup, Sendy secured undisclosed funding from MOL PLUS Co. Ltd.
6) CutStruct Technology raised $600,000 pre-seed funding backed by Zedcrest Capital, DFS Lab, LoftyInc, and Kola Aina.
7) Meta cut 11,000 employees last week. It is reportedly exploring steps to become a leaner and more efficient company by cutting discretionary spending and extending hiring freeze through Q1.
8) Paga partnered with Visa to launch virtual and physical cards.
9) Stears launched a new elections data site product to track the February 2023 Presidential and gubernatorial election in Nigeria.